Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 20 - Zone Conference, Finding Festival, and Church Tour

Hey friends!

This week was another emotional roller-coaster which is actually pretty normal in the life of a missionary. I can't believe this transfer ends next week. I feel like it just started!

At the beginning of last week, we were invited to teach a lesson at the senior family home evening. Guess what the topic was? MISSIONARY WORK of course! We had a lot of fun with it because we practically had to yell the whole lesson so everyone could hear. Also the video we had prepared wasn't working and everyone was shouting their recommendations at us of what video we should watch. I love love love our senior ward members haha. Many of them are converts to the Church so we asked them to share their conversion stories. It was so amazing and the excitement of missionary work just overcame us all. I think it's so important that we realize missionary work isn't just about preaching the gospel; it includes being a friend and serving those around you. It includes being an example so others will recognize the light in you. Missionary work is so much easier than we think and I hope to be the best member missionary when I get home! 

On Wednesday, we had zone conference and it was amazing! There's nothing I love more than being surrounded by a bunch of missionaries and just learning how we can continue to elevate our mission. It only happens once a transfer and this time is so crucial for receiving revelation for our area. I know that there's some changes I definitely want to make to help progress this work. We also are already discussing Christmas plans which is crazy. It will be here before we know it! I'm so excited though to just serve everyone and talk about our Savior. 

Thursday was a very rough day....we spent basically half the day searching for Joel. He has fallen off the face of the earth and he won't reach out to us. We know something happened, but he won't talk about it. I felt like we were on a missing persons case because we were driving all around town, talking to different people that may have seen him. Luckily, we did finally run into him, but he's different. All I can say is, please please pray for him! Also, our car engine died again while this was all happening. Luckily, we have amazing members (the Ottos) that rushed to our rescue! 

On Saturday, we had another finding festival and our big church tour. We didn't see too much success with finding people, but we had a lot of fun with it. The elders found us a potential family to teach so we are really excited about that! I got to go finding with Hermana Aguayo and I'm convinced the Lord wants me to eventually go Spanish speaking. I'm always with the hermanas on finding day, and for the most part, I can actually understand what they are saying which is crazy because I was not good at Spanish in high school. The gift of tongues is a real thing and I'm going to teach myself Spanish now. 

We had some friends show up to our church tour! Brad came with some kids from our ward and I think he liked it. He took a Book of Mormon and said he will start reading it which is progress! Our elderly friends Douglas and Carol came too and they had a lot of good questions. Doug basically believes in the Book of Mormon minus a few details so we really just need him to be reading the scriptures everyday. We are guaranteed to develop a testimony of the Book of Mormon when we read with a sincere desire to know the truth. 

We haven't heard from Chelsea and Mike since they came to church so keep them in your prayers as well. We also still haven't been able to meet with J'nell so fingers crossed that they will reach out this week. Overall, the work is good. It's hard and yes, there are moments when I wonder "why am I even here?" You just have to look past all of that and when you do, the shower of blessings start to come. Trust me, it's so worth it to keep going. 

I hope this week brings you joy! Take moments to just laugh, even when you are having the worst day ever. Laughter will keep you sane! I can promise that. 
Love you all!

love,
sis. smith 

 Senior FHE with my favorite people

 My district sistas after zone conference 

Sister Cowley ❤

love my Italian companion

Views

Had to fit 12 balloons in our car for the church tour, it was nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment