Monday, April 22, 2019

Week 42 & 43- God's Power is Raining Down on Us

The beauty of the world never ceases to amaze me, especially here in Washington! Even with all the rain we've received this week, flowers are popping up everywhere and the mist in the mountains is breathtaking. I'm so lucky to be living here at this time of year. Ok now for some miracles:

God has just been too good to us and we can't even keep up with everything! We've met so many amazing people in these last two weeks so hopefully something good will come from it all! We met this man named JP who is from India and he likes to send us articles on why "mormons are so successful" from the Times magazines. Of course we can't read any of them on the mission, but it's still really funny.  JP is super cool and maybe one day he will come to church, but first he needs to go the new Avengers movie (his words, not mine.) 

We had three exchanges since I last wrote and they have all been super great! Exchanges definitely keep you busy in the mission. I've never had a transfer fly by this fast before! For the second exchange, I got to go to Maple Valley with Sister Bowles. My trainer (Sister Morris) trained Sister Bowles before she finished her mission and so it was fun to be her companion for a day! We stopped by to visit this lady who was a potential friend and she shared her Easter candy with us. To thank her, we shared a video talking about the need for a Savior. Her heart was touched and she told us she wanted to have a better relationship with God. We told her reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily could do exactly that. She committed herself to pray and start reading and then invited us to come back next week! Too bad it's not my actual area or else I totally would go back! She was such a sweet lady!

Easter Sunday brought miracle church attendance! We finally got the new family we are teaching (Kathya and Efren and kids) to come to church! They loved it! We had a member who had introduced herself the day before to us save them seats in sacrament meeting. The family stayed for the full two hours and the member was amazing! She had Kathya talking to everyone and even gave her a tour of the building after the meetings ended. We also had a new person show up to church named Delmer. Delmer was someone I met on exchanges with Sister Painter and we invited him to come to church. We honestly didn't know much about him other than he is mid-twenties and he lives in a nice house by himself. We did however give him our phone number, so guess what happened?? I was sitting in sacrament meeting on Sunday and I had put my phone on silent. Well, I had this thought come into my head that I needed to check my phone so I did. I saw that Delmer had texted us saying he had arrived at the church, but left because it looked too full. We quickly replied that he could still come and we would make room for him. Delmer came back and was wandering around the building until we flagged him down after sacrament meeting. He stayed for Sunday school and wants to come to church again! We are going to eventually send him off to the YSA ward in Kent, but it was such a cool miracle! Delmer will be baptized one day!

Ok that's literally all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there was more! Hope you all had an amazing holiday and enjoy the sun when it does decide to come out! 

love,
sister smith









No comments:

Post a Comment