Monday, June 10, 2019

Week 50 - Surprise Baptism :)

So...this week I found out someone Sister Waldron (my baby) and I taught was getting baptized in Enumclaw! It was a part member family (the mom was less active and the kids weren't members) We had found them tracting during Christmas and invited them to the Christmas ward party. They came to it and then came to church that same week. We had started teaching them before we both were transferred out. Anyway, we heard the son was getting baptized so Sister Waldron and I got to go back to our birthplace in the mission. We saw some of the ward members and got to see Sean being baptized. Their family has come a long way since we first found them and it was such a tender mercy. 

This week we had lots of meetings including zone conference. Our mission president leaves next month and so it was a bittersweet week. They both bore their testimonies to us and the love in the room was unreal. They are so amazing and I have been so lucky to serve around them. We are getting older in mission time and it's been hard to see our friends leave. We said goodbye to several sisters this week who will be going home at the end of this transfer. I feel like I have really grown up with them my whole life and I hate saying goodbye, but I know we will all see each other again. They are incredible missionaries and I love them so much! 

Sad news: Our cute friend Kevin is moving back to China at the end of this month because his family can't get their visas to come here. We are going to continue teaching him until he leaves, but I'm going to miss him so much!

Ok, sorry this is a shorter email but it's all I had time to write! Love you all and happy summer!

love, 
sis. smith

My favorite dog named Gratch 

A member asked us to help her release her lady bugs

Saying goodbye to Sister Adair 😔

Blast from the past: our ward mission leader's wife, Sister Callahan

Sean got baptized!

Acai bowls in 80 degree weather (can you believe it?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment