Monday, January 7, 2019

Week 28 - Renton is NOT Enumclaw

Hello friends!

I know I say this every single time, but this week has been CRAZY! We had transfers on Tuesday and I had to say goodbye to my little trainee, Sister Waldron. My new companion is Sister Zhang and she is the weirdest person you will ever meet. I don't think I've gone one day this week without peeing my pants because she makes me laugh so hard! She is such a good missionary and only has a couple of months left on her mission. She's from China and sometimes I have to be her translator when we talk to people because her English gets a little shaky. But she is amazing and I'm so BLESSED to be with her! 

Ok so now let's talk about Renton. Renton is NOT Enumclaw...in fact, it is the very opposite of Enumclaw. We are in the Tiffany Park ward and it's located right next to Skyway...also known as the most dangerous part in our mission. They won't even send sisters there. But I love Renton! The people are definitely not as friendly here as in Enumclaw, but we are still finding prepared souls everyday! We are currently teaching people from Cambodia, Kenya, Russia, China, Tonga, and the Philippines! So much diversity and I've never been happier! Also, our apartment feels like living in a hotel. The old one was infested by ants so they upgraded just before I got here...God is definitely watching out for me. 

Miracles of the Week:
1. We gave a card to a man talking on the phone and just a couple of hours later, we end up knocking on his door. Turns out he is a less active member and we were an answer to his prayer. He's been trying to get his family back to church and we were able to help him out. 

2. Briefly talked to some guys on the street and gave them a card with our phone number. Today we saw one of them in the grocery store and he recognized us. He told us that he just moved here and he was looking for a church. He asked us for our church address and told us he will be there this Sunday! MIRACLES!

3. Sister Zhang and her past companion were trying to teach this part member family last transfer. The mom is a less active member and the boyfriend isn't a member, but they have 2 kids together. The mom always cancelled when they would set up teaching appointments. This week a member told us to try and visit them again. Sister Zhang was skeptical, but we did it anyway. The mom opened the door to us and was super welcoming. We set up a return appointment and she told us how her boyfriend wants to be baptized! Some people just need a little extra time I guess!

One more thing before I end this....the rain storms have been crazy here! The storm took out our power yesterday and so we had no heat or light all day. I had to get ready for church in the pitch dark lol. Also, since it's Seattle, there is hardly any sunlight so we had to study with flashlights and candles. And we were freezing. I had like 3 blankets on me and I was still cold. I felt like a pioneer all day. Luckily, our power came back on last night, but the roads are still a mess. So many roads have been closed off because trees have fallen and there are branches everywhere. A tree even fell on top of our mission president's home and pierced through the windows! 

I would love to just sit here all day and tell you more, but unfortunately my time is pretty limited! I hope you all have a lovely week!

Love, 
Sister Smith

Had to say one final goodbye to our neighbor Henry

 Last time in the apartment

Sister Black!

My baby

 Sister Burdina

The sky never ceases to amaze me 

No comments:

Post a Comment