Monday, March 18, 2019

Week 38 - Here Comes the Sun!

Hello friends! The sun is finally out and so are we! Lots of things happened this week so I'll try to be brief! Also, I guess I hit my hump day on Friday so now I'm officially half way done with the mission. That's pretty weird because I still feel like I'm in training. Everyday when someone asks me what's going on, I just say "I don't know. I'm just enjoying being new." Definitely stole that line from Sister Vanderwerken aka my unofficial godmother.

Exchanges:
On Tuesday we had exchanges and I had the pleasure of being companions with Sister Vanderwerken for a day. She came to help me out in Tiffany Park and we saw MIRACLES of course. Sister Vanderwerken is the most positive person you will ever meet. She is just a little burst of sunshine which is exactly what I needed because we were having a rough time. We had so many lessons planned for exchanges and of course they all fell through the day before. So I had absolutely no idea how we were going to fill up our day, but somehow Heavenly Father made it happen. I felt prompted to visit our friend Tommy who we haven't seen in awhile and even though he wasn't home, his girlfriend (Nisha) was just leaving his apartment. We handed her a Book of Mormon and she told us she was looking for direction in her life. She lives in Bellevue so we won't be able to teach her here, but we referred her to the elders in Bellevue and encouraged her to get Tommy to read the Book of Mormon with her. It was not a coincidence that I felt we needed to be there at that time because we found Nisha!

Long-lost Member:
So we have been teaching this woman named Olivia. We were talking about baptism and she quotes something from the Book of Mormon. We say "oh you have read the Book of Mormon before?" And she says "yeah of course! I was baptized in that church when I was 8 years old." I guess her mom and her are members and went inactive after they moved. Her member record was just floating around and no one knew that she was a member. So now her records are moved into our ward and she's coming to the Relief Society activity this Tuesday! 

Crepes and Sour Cream:
A member found out Sister Zhang is leaving soon and wanted to treat us to lunch. She's from Russia and her husband served his mission in Russia. Basically the whole family speaks Russian, even the kids. She made us crepes and apparently Russians love sour cream with jam on their crepes. I thought it would be weird but it was actually so good! 

Kevin:
So we met this man named Kevin who just moved here with his wife. When we knocked on his door, he got super excited and asked us to come back at a better time. We went back on Friday and brought some members with us. He had already read the Book of Mormon cover to cover. He had SO many questions and it was getting pretty overwhelming. Instead of trying to answer every single question he had, I bore a simple testimony of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. Kevin went quiet and said he would try to read it again. He has so much potential and he's willing to come to church! 

New Friend at Church:
So we met Kenny like 5 weeks ago and invited him to church. He's been out of town for awhile, but yesterday he came to church! I honestly did not expect him to show up but there he was! I think he enjoyed it and will be attending again soon. 😊

Well that's all! Have a good week! 

Love,
Sister Smith

Exchanges!

Eat fresh

My favorite 3 year old named Blessing Allen

Saw my baby at zone conference

Taking joy in the simple things

  Molly Moon's ice cream in Seattle 

No comments:

Post a Comment