Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Week 65 - Back in Business!

Oh my goodness, my heart is so full right now!

After 2 months full of ups and downs, I'm finally back to where I belong in Washington! It feels amazing to be back in the place I call my second home. Not gonna lie though, it's taking me a minute to adjust to the busy schedule of missionary life. I'm exhausted, but I'm happy. :)

So I arrived in the mission on Saturday. It was the longest day of my life! I flew 2 hours to Phoenix, had a 3+ hour layover, and then flew 3 hours to Seattle. But hey, I got some much needed study time! President and Sister Beardall picked me up at the airport and drove me to my new area. They treated my new companions and I to Cafe Rio before leaving us. And guess what?? I'm back with Sister Cowley! We are currently in a trio right now and it's a party. My other companion is Sister Campbell and she is awesome. Our apartment is pretty small so I'm currently living out of my suitcase. 

My new area is in Federal Way. It's like Renton: sketchy and diverse. I love the ward here! We have quite a few recent converts here so it's been fun getting to work with them. We had an interesting lesson with one on Sunday. We met him at the church and he wanted us to go on a run with him!! We ended up running two laps around the church parking lot and then walking around the neighborhood in the rain. We were pretty soaked after, but it will make for a great memory. 

The work is flowing here! We have met so many amazing souls who all could use the gospel in their lives. It blows my mind to hear their stories and the trials they have been through. It makes me so grateful for my wonderful family and the safe home I live in. I am counting my blessings each day. 

One friend we are working with is Amuji. He likes to cook for us and the other night he made us chicken. Sounds normal right? No. It still had all the skin and hair on it and was mostly bones. Amuji would just eat the whole piece, bones and everything like it was nothing! He told us he liked the crunch of it. We had to try it too and all I can say is yikes. Sister Campbell was scared a chicken bone was going to get lodged in her throat! 

Well that's about it for this weekend! Love you all and I'm beyond happy to start writing again! Thank you all for your prayers and support. I am living proof that God hears and answers us. 

love,
sister smith 









No comments:

Post a Comment