Monday, September 30, 2019

Week 66 - The Impossible Packing Project

Hello!

This week we spent a majority of it helping our friend Sabrina pack her apartment. She lives in one of the most dangerous parts of our area. There are bullet holes in her walls and gangs breaking into her car. She has three daughters and they have to all sleep with her because of the crime that goes on there. Plus, they have an infestation of hobo spiders which is terrifying. Our ward was able to offer her a temporary space to store her stuff, but it's not very big. We had to help her downsize and that was not a fun job. Then we had to pack everything and try to avoid the spiders at ALL costs. Thank goodness our members are angels and offered to come help all day Saturday. Sabrina and two of her daughters want to be baptized so we are working with them a lot. They came to church yesterday and loved it! 

I got the privilege of attending Margaret's baptism this last Saturday! I don't know if you remember Margaret but Sister Cowley and I taught her in Cougar Mountain area. I taught her with Sister Woolwine too and she was on date for baptism in August. Then when I left I kept in contact with Sister Woolwine to see if it happened. I was so sad I was going to miss it, but it never happened. Margaret kept moving the date back and at one point it looked like it wouldn't happen at all. Then, when I arrive here, I find out that her baptism is on Saturday and I get to attend! Margaret has been taught by missionaries for years so this is a huge miracle!

Ok that's all I have time to write! Happy General Conference week and happy October! 

Love,
Sister smith

Our cute friend, Margaret's baptism!

I love these Sisters!

Pumpkin Patch on P-day :)

Hehe....

😍
Fall = Happiness

Love them!!💕






No comments:

Post a Comment