Monday, July 9, 2018

Week 2 - District C ya later!

Hello!

WOW another week has come and gone! In just a week from today I leave for Seattle and that's so crazy to me. I feel like I just got here! Our district has been doing this Book of Mormon study group before dinner everyday. One person reads a verse and the next shares some insight on what they learned. We try to stay focused but our group gets distracted so easily! We have a lot of fun though. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet. 
Happy 4th of July even though it was a week ago! The missionaries got to watch the fireworks from our building so that was cool. We also had to say goodbye to District A that day which was rough. I will sincerely miss my twin (the other sister smith) and Sister Leavitt. 
Teaching has been SO GOOD this week. Our first investigator Kyujin was the cutest. During one lesson, my comp and I felt prompted to ask her to say the closing prayer. She prayed for us in Korean and it was the coolest thing ever. I had no idea what she was saying but I could feel God's love for her so strong. I must admit that my eyes got a little teary. My comp and I also got to teach relief Society this past Sunday. I was nervous but it went so well! I actually love teaching so much! 
This week I learned something kinda crazy. Our other teacher Brother Abadio was having us practice good study skills. We were in small groups reading and discussing 1 Nephi 11. I kid you not, I thought it had only been 15 minutes but when I looked at the clock A WHOLE HOUR HAD PASSED BY! Brother Abadio then went on to explain that the closer you feel to Heaven, the faster time goes by because time in Heaven doesn't exist. It's infinite. It kinda blew my mind a little. Our teachers are the coolest people. They know how to answer your questions before you even ask them. 
District C, aka my favorite people EVER, leave tomorrow so that's gonna be depressing. Everyone is leaving and I'm just waiting for my turn to go. SISTER JENKINS AND SISTER GANOE ARE MY HEROS. I love my zone sisters and our "late" night talks. I wish them the best!   

Anyways I'm done typing. Thank you guys for the emails and letters! I love you all and so does God! 

-sis smith







No comments:

Post a Comment