Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Week 3 - Goodbye MTC, Hello Seattle!

Wow my time at the mtc is already over! I'm so grateful for the people, they made the mtc 10000000x better! This week was all kinds of crazy with trying to get ready to leave. Old district C left us last Tuesday and they are already a week into the mission field. GOOD LUCK TO THEM ALL. On Wednesday, the new district came and they are great! We made the beds for the new sisters and threw a bunch of candy on their desks. We had SO MUCH CANDY!

Brother Abadillo is the wisest teacher I've ever met. If he begins with "Class, I want you to have an experience" you better be mentally preparing for what's to come. Last Thursday, we were asked to invite our companion to be baptized, but we had to do it as if we were Christ. He had us take a minute to pray and ponder. He told us not to invite our companions until we feel the same unconditional love that Christ has for them. When I was praying, I just started to bawl. My companion and I had a rough week and there had been some contention between us. This was exactly what I needed to remind me to love my companion as Christ does. 

On Sunday the mission president came to teach us. We were discussing the Book of Mormon and he referred to Laman and Lemuel as Lemon and Limeul, the Sour Brothers. It was so random. Sister Cowley and I just looked at each other and laughed. 
I love my district. End of story. I'm not ready to leave them because they are seriously amazing. We are all so unique but we mesh well together. I have learned so much from them. We are already planning a district reunion in Australia with Sis. Watts. I can't wait! 

Even though I know it's impossible to ever feel ready after leaving the mtc, I am confident in knowing the Lord is on my side. I'm excited to put the skills I've learned to the test. I know it will be hard, but that's the only way God can mold me into the person He needs me to be. He loves us so much and I can already see little miracles forming in my everyday life. I love you all and will keep you guys in my prayers!









No comments:

Post a Comment